Choke Tube Types:
Choke Tube Selection:
When you look at all the different materials that shot is made from it only stands to reason or common sense says that not all shot is going to react to the same choke tube the exact same way. Angle of choke is somewhat different and the lead or parallel section of the choke tube may need to be longer or shorter to accomplish a good pattern for the shotshell and shot material you're shooting.
For the average person who has purchased a new shotgun realizes that his or her new shotgun came with several choke tubes and they will work for almost all shotshell and shot combinations to a certain degree and they are happy with their purchase, however to someone who shoots their new shotgun a lot or starts to pattern test it, soon realizes that better performance from the choke tubes would be advantageous for their shooting skill.
Current Choke Tube Choices, Constrictions:
Current Choke Tube Choices, Various Performance:
1. Standard Performance: Carlsons Factory-Style choke tubes; These factory-style flush mount replacement choke tubes feature corrosion-resistant, 17-4 hardened stainless steel.
2. Improved Performance: Carlsons Extended sporting clays choke tubes; These Sporting Clays Choke Tubes are made from 17-4 hardened stainless steel and precision machined to produce a choke tube that patterns better than standard choke tubes.
3. Special Purpose; Steel Shot: Carlsons Extended steel shot choke tubes; These choke tubes feature a longer parallel section allowing for less flyers, denser patterns and extend 3/4 " outside the shotgun barrel eliminating damage to your barrel caused by prolonged steel shot use. The longer parallel section allows for use of larger steel shot in tighter choke constrictions. They are made of 17-4 stainless with a knurled extension and a blue finish.
3. Special Purpose; Lead Shot: Carlsons Ported turkey choke tubes; These super-full choke tubes have been specifically bored to deliver dense, full patterns at both short and long ranges.
3. Special Purpose; Hevi-Shot: Carlsons Hevi-Shot dead coyote choke tubes; For use with Hevi-Shot, Bismuth or lead, this high performance choke tube has been specifically designed for the coyote hunter to deliver devastating downrange patterns upwards of 70 yards when shooting larger shot sizes.
3. Special Purpose; Flite Control Wad: Carlsons Black Cloud choke tubes; This Extended choke tube is constructed of a Titanium-coated steel, the titanium coating helps the uniquely designed FliteControl Wad in the Black CloudT ammunition perform downrange with less build-up in the choke and allows the Flitestopper shot to do its job.
Introduction To Shotguns:
Stocks Don't Fit
How To Reload
Choke Tube Types
Patterning For Turkey
Clay Pattern Target
Dove Pattern Target
Turkey Pattern Target